Daily Current Affairs (06 and 07 Nov 2018)
· The World Tsunami Awareness Day is observed every year across the world on 5 November 2016 to spread awareness among people across the world about Tsunami. This year it was the third edition of World Tsunami Awareness Day after it was instituted in 2015.
· National Cancer Awareness Day will be observed across the country on November 7 every year, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan announced. Thiruvananthapuram: National Cancer Awareness Day will be observed across the country on November 7 every year, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan announced..
· India’s first indigenous nuclear submarine INS Arihant has successfully completed its first deterrence patrol. The development signifies that underwater warship has completed its maiden long-range mission with live nuclear-tipped missiles,
· Joint Secretary (Films), Ministry of I&B Shri Ashok Kumar Parmar inaugurated the India Pavilion at Videocitta, 2018 in Rome Film Festival. India was partner country at Videocitta 2018, an event focussing on Virtual Reality, Video gaming, Animation, Film Making, etc. was organized along with Rome Film Festival and the International Audio Visual Market.
· Union Home Ministry has released more than Rs. 113 crore to six border states under Border Area Development Programme (BADP) as part of its plan to ameliorate the problems of people living in isolated locations. These six states are Assam, Nagaland, Sikkim, Gujarat, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand.
· Russia has quietly invited a group of senior Afghan politicians to talk with the Taliban in Moscow. This talk has bypassed President Ashraf Ghani’s government and has angered officials in Kabul who say it could muddle the U.S.-backed peace process. The Afghan officials also said that the government was unhappy that Moscow was pressing ahead with plans for talks. In August, Russia proposed to hold multilateral peace talks in Moscow and invited 12 countries and the Taliban to attend a summit the following month.
· China launches new high-orbit satellite to boost its BeiDou global satellite navigation system. This is the first BeiDou-3 satellite in high orbit, nearly 36,000 km above the Earth. It will follow the Earth’s rotation, in a geostationary orbit, and will view the same point on Earth continuously. The satellite will serve countries in the China-proposed Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).
· Andhra Pradesh is building a world-class and India’s first ‘Justice City’ within its new capital Amaravati with the vision to provide a state-of-the-art ecosystem built on latest technology for supporting the judicial system in the state.
· India’s first asymmetrical cable-stayed bridge “Signature Bridge” has recently inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal across the Yamuna River. The bridge connects Outer Ring Road on the western flank of the Yamuna river with the Wazirabad Road on the east. It shortens the travel time between north and northeast Delhi.
· Atul Kumar Goel assumed charge as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (UCO) of UCO Bank. Prior to this assignment, he was executive director of Union Bank of India.
· The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has awarded the Assam Police for “good practices” under the Crime and Criminal Tracking Network & Systems (CCTNS), an e-governance project. The award was given for citizen centric service delivery, in which the state police has automated passport verification and Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) services using the online CCTNS.
· The National Seminar on Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Ayurveda was held in New Delhi. It was organised by Ministry of AYUSH in association with NITI Aayog with aim of encouraging entrepreneurs and Ayurveda stakeholders towards businesses opportunities in the sector.