Daily Current Affairs (19, 20 and 21 Nov, 2018)
· United Nations Universal Children’s Day was established in 1954 and is celebrated on November 20th each year to promote international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide, and improving children’s welfare.
· Civil Aviation Minister Suresh Prabhu launched an upgraded versions of Airsewa 2.0 web portal and mobile app to make air travel convenient and hassle-free.
· The 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will begin today at Panaji in Goa. The opening ceremony will be held at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium in Bambolim.
· The United Nations’ (UN) World Television Day is annually observed in many places around the world on November 21. The day recognizes that television plays a major role in presenting different issue that affect people.
· Union Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH) Ministry celebrated first Naturopathy Day on Sunday with aim of promoting drug-less system of medicine to prevent diseases by altering diet and lifestyle.
· Punjab becomes third state in the country after Maharashtra and Gujarat to ban hookah bars or lounges. The ban was announced through law after President Ram Nath Kovind gave assent to Cigarettes and other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) (Punjab Amendment) Bill, 2018.
· India’s first Sri Vishwakarma Skill Development University at village Dudhola in Palwal district via remote control . The University would impart skill training to the youth and encourage them to be self employed. It’s campus would be developed over 82.7 acres at a sum of over Rs 1,000 crore.
· The first transgender Chandramukhi Muvvala to Contest Assembly Election from Telangana. She announced that her aims to fight for equal rights and against atrocities on transgender persons if she wins.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi headed Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Senior IRS officer Sanjay Kumar Mishra as full-time Director of the Enforcement Directorate (ED).
· Ustad Amjad Ali Khan has been honoured with the 2018 Sumitra Charat Ram Award for Lifetime Achievement Award in the field of Indian Classical Music at the Kamani Auditorium in New Delhi.