CLAT General Knowledge Current Affairs
Daily Current Affairs (06 - 07 Jan, 2018)
· Government notifies High-Level Committee for implementation of Clause VI of Assam Accord
Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India has notified a High-level committee of nine members under the chairmanship of Shri M.P. Bezbarauah for implementation of Clause VI of the Assam Accord.
· Andhra CM Chandrababu Naidu unveils schemes for marginalized Brahmins
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu unveiled various welfare scheme for the marginalized and economically backward Brahmins through AP Brahmin Welfare Corporation such as distribution of Cars to the Unemployed Brahmin youths, loans and subsidies.
· Zero percent interest for loans upto Rs. 3 lakhs for Self Help Groups (SHGs) under the Mission Shakti scheme: Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik announced interest-free loans of up to Rs.3 lakh for six lakh women self-help groups (WSHGs) benefitting about 70 lakh women in Odisha.
· 30th Edition of 9-day long International Kite Festival kicks off in Ahmedabad,Gujarat
On 6th January 2019,30th Edition of the nine-day long international kite festival inaugurated ahead of Uttarayan or Makar Sankranti, the day when winter season starts changing to summer and farmers welcome the approaching harvest season, at Sabarmati River Front in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
· Secunderabad Railway Station: the first Railway station to hoist Tricolour National flag on a 100 feet tall pole under Railway’s order
On January 2, 2019, Secunderabad Railway Station, in Hyderabad, became the first railway station of South Central Railway (SCR) zone to hoist a huge tricolour on a 100-foot tall pole.
i. This was done according to the Railway Board’s order to hoist the national flag at 75 A1 category railway stations.Kacheguda, Hyderabad became the 2nd and 3rd railway Stations to hoist the100-foot tall pole.
ii. The flag would be guarded by the Railway Protection Force (RPF).
iii. Furthermore according to the order, SCR has taken the initiative to hoist the National Flag at 2 other ‘A1’ category Railway Stations they are Vijaywada and Tirupati.
· Veteran journalist Dinu Randive conferred with lifetime achievement award: Mantralaya and Vidhimandal Vartahar Sangh
On January 6, 2019, Veteran journalist Dinu Randive was conferred with the lifetime achievement award for his lifelong contributions in journalism, who started his journalistic career in 1956.
· National Awards conferred to 97 Anganwadi Workers under ICDS Scheme by Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi in NewDelhi
On January 7, 2019,Ministry of Women & Child Development,Union Minister Smt. Maneka Sanjay Gandhi conferred National Awards to 97 Anganwadi Workers(AWWs) for Exceptional Achievements for the year 2017-18, under Integrated Child Development Scheme (ICDS) in New Delhi.
· Hopman Cup: Roger Federer & Belinda Bencic retain title for Switzerland
From 29 December 2018, the Hopman Cup which is an annual international eight-team indoor hard court tennis tournament was held in Perth, Western Australia. It is a mixed competition in which male and female players are on combined teams and represent their countries. The Event was concluded on 5th January 2019.