Daily Current Affair (08 and 09 Jan,2019)
· Indian Highways Management Company Ltd. (IHMCL), a company promoted by NHAI, has signed MOUs with state-run Oil Marketing Companies (IOCL, BPC, and HPC). It will ensure availability of FASTags at petroleum outlets across India.
· India’s new ambassador to China, Vikram Misri, took charge of the post.
· The chairman of National Solar Energy Federation of India (NSEFI), Shri Pranav R Mehta, has taken over as the president of Global Solar Council (GSC) from January 1, 2019.
· Mysore-born Gita Gopinath joined International Monetary Fund (IMF) as its 11th chief economist, thus becoming the first woman to occupy the top IMF post.
· Supreme Court, as per orders penned by Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi, reinstated CBI Director Alok Kumar Vermawithout giving him any major policy decision making powers.
· Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved 10 pc quota in jobs and educational institutions for economically weaker sections in general category.
· Malaysia’s monarch Sultan Muhammad V resigned, as the 15th Yang di-Pertuan Agong, from the throne before completing their five-year tenure for the first time in Malaysia’s history.